Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happily Stranded in Iowa

Z and I decided, kind of last minute, to take a needed road trip to Iowa to see Auntie Becky & Dan and the kiddos this weekend while Daddy stayed home to 'bring home the bacon' as we like to say........ And yep, we are happily stranded due to the snow and ice storms. So, as the kids play and play and play and rest by the fire :-).
(Pretty soon there will be a 3rd tan beauty to join these 2 little ladies!!!!), and Auntie Becky continues to fill the home with smells of homemade breads, spaghetti, peanut butter brownies and, well, just about everything yummy and homemade (from scratch of course!!), and Dan tends to his fire, and the big boys create their science fair projects, I, in all my complete happiness, am researching travel in Colombia, diving into blogs and dreaming of our little bean awaiting us!!! Perfect weekend minus totally missing my hubby who is slaving away at home battling the snowstorm :(. I must admit that I do love getting to be lazy!! This totally reminds me of my journey to Zahria, many a nights I spent quietly cuddled up in my chair, fireplace on, wine in hand, researching and dreaming of my daughter!! So far, there are 3 Hotels and 1 Hostel that I am researching: Las Palmas, Hotel Paris, Hotel Zuetana and El Refugio, which is the Hostel. From what I can see, costs range from $100-$140 a day, and given we (Julieth and I) will be in country 1-2 months, a little bit can really add up! I think finding a safe spot is #1, and then after that we want to find a place with other adoptive families. A place with meals included possibly. Wifi a must! Private bath really preferred..... Hugely! Clean and within walking distance to shops and parks is important too. Exciting!

No comments: